1. Largest tidal power device stands 22.5m (73ft) tall and weighs 130 tonnes and could provide electricity for about 1,000 homes.
2. Bowheads whales are capable of smelling their prey. Previously, whales and dolphins were thought to lack the ability.
3. A typical pencil can write 45,000 English words or draw a 35 MILE LINE!
4. The pistol shrimp stuns its prey by emitting a deafening sound. This sound is louder than a gunshot or a sonic boom from a Concorde. The sound is instantaneous, lasting a fraction of a second. What’s remarkable is that such a loud sound comes from an animal that is only 2cm long!
5. In Tibet it is considered good manners to stick out your tongue at someone.
source : bbc,youtube, omgfacts